[asterisk-users] AMI - Status Event.

Simith Nambiar simith at ctg.ae
Tue Oct 28 10:33:37 CDT 2008

Hello All,

I'am a new Asterisk user, and i have the following question.

The following is the Status of all open channels from my Asterisk
system, which was received  through the
Asterisk Manager Interface ((AMI)).

action: Status
actionid: 65066874_3#

Response: Success
ActionID: 65066874_3#
Message: Channel status will follow

Event: Status
Privilege: Call
Channel: SIP/192.168.1.100-091d7668
CallerID: 900
CallerIDNum: 900
CallerIDName: <unknown>
Account:
State: Up
Link: SIP/192.168.1.100-b7400480
Uniqueid: 1225188315.137
ActionID: 65066874_3#

Event: Status
Privilege: Call
Channel: SIP/192.168.1.100-b7400480
CallerID: 00007
CallerIDNum: 00007
CallerIDName: Vivas-Asterisk
Account:
State: Up
*Context: amisim
Extension: 900
Seconds: 87*
Link: SIP/192.168.1.100-091d7668
Uniqueid: 1225188315.136
ActionID: 65066874_3#

Event: StatusComplete
ActionID: 65066874_3#

I need to differentiate between the Caller and Callee so that i can
display the Caller and Callee with
different Images on a Graphical User interface.
Looking at the Open Channels Status Events , i see the only difference
between the 2 Status Events are the following fields:

Context: amisim
Extension: 900
Seconds: 87

Is it safe to assume that the Status Event which holds the
above fields are generally the Caller, i mean the person who dialed into
the PBX ?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Simith
PS: Please redirect me to the right mailing list, if this list is
inappropriate for such questions.