[asterisk-users] autodialed call forwarding via meetme or queue (was predictive dialer)

Roi Stork roi.stork at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:19:46 CDT 2008

Also posting this question to people working on manager interface and
dialers.

I have a simple auto dialing script (using Originate) that forwards all
incoming calls to a queue full of waiting agents instead of a meetme
conference room. I use queues rather than meetme so I can leave the
automatic call distribution to the queue itself.

The problem is when the calls reach the agents, some of the agents notice
that the other line is silent. The queue is already set up to hold an
infinite number of calls (meaning: maxlen=0/no limit), and the agents are
already answering the calls immediately/after one ring, but the problem
still shows up.

Is forwarding to a meetme conference room faster than through a queue?