[asterisk-users] OT: Disable Polycom 650 Forward Softkey

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Oct 26 23:29:56 CDT 2008

On Sunday 26 October 2008 21:28:34 Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> Other vendors, including Cisco, will provide the firmware directly. I
> no longer deploy Polycom (unless someone really wants them) due to
> this. Yes I can get it from the supplier but it takes a few days. I
> would rather just go to Polycom.com and get the firmware when I want
> to.
>
> There is no excuse for Polycom's behaviour. I don't see what is the
> benefit, nor what anyone has to gain from it.

I believe your anger is misplaced.  I was able to get to a direct download of
Polycom firmware, from their homepage, within 4 clicks, with no login
whatsoever required.

http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/support/voice/soundpoint_ip/soundpoint_ip501.html

While Polycom at one time may have had a policy of only providing firmware
to distributors and resellers, that is no longer the case.  Their firmware is
freely available now to all comers.

--
Tilghman