[asterisk-users] Advice on ISDN and Asterisk in the UK

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Oct 24 11:40:48 CDT 2008

Phil Knighton wrote:

> Hello all
>
> What I'm looking for is some plain speaking advice on ISDN.
>
> Currently using 4 analog lines connecting via a four port TDM400P FXO
> card.  We need to physically move our installations, and on requesting
> the analog lines be moved - our telco (BT) is suggesting we replace
> our analog lines with ISDN2.  We would have 3 x ISDN2 connections,
> giving us six voice channels.  They've even offered us free
> installation of the lines (as opposed to a £560 charge for moving the
> analog lines!)
>
> What hardware would you recommend in the Asterisk box?  I don't mind
> admitting I'm a newb and a lot of the info I've found is over my
> head.  I've been looking at a TE410P - would this achieve what I want
> which is to connect the 3 ISDN2 connections, giving me six voice channels?
>
> Assuming the TE410P is what I'm looking for (or an equivalent -
> suggestions?) what are the basic points for what I would need to
> change in my current config?

I recommend the Sangoma A500 with Echo Cancel.  The TE410P is not what
your are looking for since its for PRI service.  What BT is offering you
is BRI service.  The Sangoma Wiki will tell you what configs need to me
made.  http://wiki.sangoma.com/sangoma-wanpipe-smg-asterisk-bri-installation

Andres
http://www.neuroredes.com