[asterisk-users] Advice on ISDN and Asterisk in the UK

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Fri Oct 24 11:00:10 CDT 2008

Hello all

What I'm looking for is some plain speaking advice on ISDN.

Currently using 4 analog lines connecting via a four port TDM400P FXO card.  We need to physically move our installations, and on requesting the analog lines be moved - our telco (BT) is suggesting we replace our analog lines with ISDN2.  We would have 3 x ISDN2 connections, giving us six voice channels.  They've even offered us free installation of the lines (as opposed to a £560 charge for moving the analog lines!)

What hardware would you recommend in the Asterisk box?  I don't mind admitting I'm a newb and a lot of the info I've found is over my head.  I've been looking at a TE410P - would this achieve what I want which is to connect the 3 ISDN2 connections, giving me six voice channels?

Assuming the TE410P is what I'm looking for (or an equivalent - suggestions?) what are the basic points for what I would need to change in my current config?

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated :-)

Cheers

Phil