[asterisk-users] fax / t38 gateway

Jonn R Taylor jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Wed Oct 22 14:02:46 CDT 2008

What version of *? Are you going all VOIP for your voice or are you using a T1/E1? *?

1.4 has t38 pass-through and 1.6 has pass-through and termination, but 1.6 was just release and I would not suggest using it in a production environment unless you can tolerate problem or even outages.

If you are planning on using a T1/E1 then send incoming calls to iaxmodem/hylafax or to an ATA/FXS card. Either works very well.

Jonn