[asterisk-users] srv records not being honoured properly

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Oct 17 10:40:34 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 10:32 -0500, Andres wrote:

> Because Asterisk does not support that.

Which is just another way of saying Asterisk is broken then.  SRV
records have requirements for their correct use.  If those requirements
are ignored, that is a broken implementation.

> The only thing that Asterisk
> does is use the first SRV entry

First in terms of what was returned, not sorted by priority and weight,
right?

> but it pays no attention to priorities
> or weights.  It does not care about other SRV entries either.

Tsk tsk tsk.

> This is
> how things have been as long as I can remember.

Wonderful.  Nothing like half implementing standards.

b.