[asterisk-users] srv records not being honoured properly

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Oct 17 10:32:50 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>Given the following SRV records:
>
>_sip._udp.tollfree.sip-happens.com. 38400 IN SRV 10 0 5060 sometimes.sip-happens.com.
>_sip._udp.tollfree.sip-happens.com. 38400 IN SRV 20 0 5070 ares.sip-happens.com.
>
>Why is asterisk (1.4.17) not honouring the priority and not failing over
>to using other records when a connection fails?

Because Asterisk does not support that.  The only thing that Asterisk
does is use the first SRV entry but it pays no attention to priorities
or weights.  It does not care about other SRV entries either.  This is
how things have been as long as I can remember.  I am not sure about
version 1.6 though.

Andres
http://www.neuroredes.com