[asterisk-users] Panasonic x Asterisk if I can emulate Panasonic fast!

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Oct 17 03:00:59 CDT 2008

> >> ** Call Fwd by PBX with LED indication (not phone based callfwd which
> >> sucks).
> >
> > Some IP phones support this
>
> Which ones?

With Thomson ST2030, using telnet, you can for instance :
- check current forwarding status (is it forwarded ? toward which number ?),
- and change forwarding status.
In this case, forwarding is still distributed but its negative consequences
are, IMHO, mitigated with dialplan magic.

You should also be able to centralize forwarding with phone's StarCodes and
ServiceMonitoring features (but I've not tried it yet) : instead of using
phone GUI to turn on or off or monitor forwarding, the phone will send
INVITE or SUBSCRIBE with appropriate data.

With High end XML supporting business phones, it shouldn't be too hard to
tune GUI.

To illustrate what I meant, I recently asked a customer to send me an
Alcatel user manual.
Though I haven't implemented it yet, I couldn't any feature I couldn't mimic
with Asterisk/SIP Phones.
Sure, it's a huge effort for 1 customer.

Could you easily have a Panasonic user manual in english ?
If so, if you could send it to me off-list, I would be very curious to dig
deeper into it and discover interactions we could or couldn't mimic with
Asterisk.

Cheers