[asterisk-users] Panasonic x Asterisk if I can emulate Panasonic fast!

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 23:34:37 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:

> 2008/10/16 C F <shmaltz at gmail.com>
>>
>> * Live call screening - Yes there is a hack that can do it, but it's a
>> hell of a hack.
>> * Phones that can do most of the usefull features supported by the PBX
>> for a reasonable price with LED buttons, including the following
>> features:
>> ** Call recording with LED indication, while at it, the recordings
>> integrate seamlessly with your voicemail, which means you don't need
>> to browse the file system on the PBX to listen to it.
>

> What would be missing to integrate this feature ?
> With features.conf, it should be possible to map key combinations to an
> Asterisk application (maybe an AGI script ?)
> From there, it should be possible to drive SIP hardphones BLF status, don't
> you think ?

Yes and no, the real thing would be to be able to get a status
feedback from Asterisk that it's actually recording, then based on
that one would be able to use devstate from 1.6 to turn on BLF.
For where to store the recordings, the best way would be if arg could
be passed to the recording app indicating to which voicemail user to
send it and follow the settings (email, pager etc.) for that user.

>> ** Login/Logout of queues, Day/Night mode buttons with indication (1.6
>> has this as well).
>> ** Company internal directory on the phone updated on the PBX
>
>  Some (most ?) IP phones support this

The phones support it, but not from asterisk, what that requires is a
separate provisioning system for each type of phone, that pulls the
data from central database, not that hard to build and maintain in
theory, just very costly to develop since such a provisioning system
doesn't yet exist, at least AFAIK.

>> ** System Speed Dial on the display updated by the PBX
>
> This one is interesting.
> I can't see a way to do it.
> Ant idea ?

As far as SIP goes, no it's impposible, however as far as end
users/admins are concerned the PBX is/could also be the system
provisoining the phones, in which case what I wrote above could be
done.

>> ** Call Fwd by PBX with LED indication (not phone based callfwd which
>> sucks).
>
> Some IP phones support this

Which ones?

>> ** On screen Voicemail (on the phone).