[asterisk-users] Looking for a mentor

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Oct 14 16:03:24 CDT 2008

Welcome,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:26:04PM -0700, Cliff Sifton wrote:
> Looking for a mentor...
>
> Having some issues with Asterisk 1.4.22 install.  I am
> new to both Linux and Asterisk, however have 20+ years
> programming experience.
>
> First off I hate asking questions I could answer
> myself. I have and am reading The Asterisk manual, 2nd
> edition.  I have successfully installed CentOS 5.2 and
> used yum to get a C compiler, current speed bump is
> with ./configure
>
> bash: ./configure: Permission denied

As someone else already mentioned, the immediate problem is that the
configure script is not executable.

But I guess this means that you extracted the asterisk tarball on a file
system that has no executable bit (e.g. on windows) and copied it from
there. If you did so: this is kind of pointless: just copy
asterisk-1.4.22.tar.gz and extract it:

  tar xzf asterisk-1.4.22.tar.gz
  cd asterisk-<tab><tab> #you'll figure out where
  ./configure
  # yada, yada, yada

--
               Tzafrir Cohen