[asterisk-users] ISDN

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Oct 14 04:49:31 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:53:33PM +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 17:37 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> > I have done this.  Why BRIs exist in the US is beyond me.
> Much of the idea's behind ISDN are hopelesly outdated, except for one:

BRI is actually ISDN BRI. PRI is ISDN PRI. Uses very much the same
concepts, standards, etc. BRI is supported in chan_zap/chan_dahdi
through libpri :-)

In most parts of the world BRI adds some extra layers of complication to
make the CPE units behave a bit more like analog phones (PtMP). In the
US, AFAIK, this is not used.

Again I'll note that I have met very few cases, so I might be wrong.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com