[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 sccp, Skinny and 1.4

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Oct 10 16:20:51 CDT 2008

On 21:28, Fri 10 Oct 08, Wayne wrote:
> Thanks both,
>
> The only thing I have a little concern over is that 1.6 is that its
> still a development release (if I understand things correctly).

No, 1.6.0 has been released. This is indeed the first public 'final'
release of the 1.6 series. But it's not in beta or release-candidate
anymore.
Basically, it's the latest and greatest version that should be stable.

> Stability is the main thing for me (its only a very small set up) but
> there are no technical people around if something were to go wrong
> through the day.

You do know it's just another daemon an a linux box right ?
If you cant afford downtime you should not bet on one server, but make
every part of your network redundant. That means at least:
connectivity
power
hardware
locations
backups
all the other stuff I forgot

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"