[asterisk-users] DAHDI aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh :((((

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Oct 9 18:31:06 CDT 2008

The information (or lack of it) on upgrading from zaptel to that
@&*^QW%&^%!!!  dahdi is very frustrating.

I cannot find anything on how to uninstall zaptel, i found an earlier post
to this list which suggested make uninstall and make remove in the zaptel
directory which just generates errors and does nothing (on zaptel 12.1).

Then i install dahdi-linux and dahdi-tools and i want to start configuring
it, so i am trying dahdi_genconf like the docs suggested which generates
this really helpful error message :
/usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf: Cannot read '/etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters': No
such file or directory

Also the config files and everything are much more complicated
for dahdi than they were for zaptel

There was some nice documentation and examples on how to get started with
configuring certain devices with zaptel on the digium page, for my TDM11B
they only mention zaptel.....

Did anyone even try this?