[asterisk-users] Be aware of callcheap.com and Mike Low - It is scam

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Oct 10 12:19:00 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Recently I was ripped off by this company named Callcheap Networks Inc, and
> so did one of the carriers I recommended to them. Now I am perusing legal
> action against them, a mess in which I never wanted to get into. Based on my
> bad experience, I wanted to let everybody know if this guy named Mike Low
> from Call Cheap Networks Inc. (callcheap.com) contacts you, please be
> careful. If you decide to do business with him, please get your money in
> advance and don't believe him on saying that he'd pay once the work is done
> or next week or tomorrow. He came to me from another company, with whom he
> hosted a callback service. He blamed them of bad service and asked me to
> setup a call back service for him. He seemed to be a genuine and honest
> person with very good plans for his business. He asked me for a good
> provider and I recommended him one. But when it came to pay for the service,
> he started to ask for more time. He did the same with the carrier. And after
> about month and a half, not paying to any one of us and using, or should I
> say misuing our trunks and services for his users and users of another
> company, he refused to pay us at all and blamed us for bad service, damage
> to his business and other non-sense. Once the carrier disconnect him after
> suffering a huge loss, and me refusing to do any further work for him unless
> my invoices are cleared, he threatening me to bring to court for
> disconnecting him, and is now looking for another company to host his
> callback service. During this month and a half, I also noticed that
> callcheap.com's website has changed its face and host three times. I have
> screen shots for last two for my record.
>
> If anybody of you have worked with this guy before, maybe they could share
> their experience here. And those who haven't, and if this guy contacts you,
> please be careful.
>
> --
> Zeeshan A Zakaria

While pending legal action, it is best to not post these things in a public
forum.

While I appreciate the fact you are trying to help the community by giving a
"heads up", you set yourself up for a counter suit for defamation of
character.

It is best to wait for court to rule before going public.

At the very least, use a hushmail account and post a warning with no
identifiable transactions or actions, just watch out for so and so, although
I still think posting one sided things to a list serves nobody well, if they
have no way to address the accusations, and like I said before, it is best
to do it court.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro