[asterisk-users] Be aware of callcheap.com and Mike Low - It is scam

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 04:09:11 CDT 2008

Hi everybody,

Recently I was ripped off by this company named Callcheap Networks Inc, and
so did one of the carriers I recommended to them. Now I am perusing legal
action against them, a mess in which I never wanted to get into. Based on my
bad experience, I wanted to let everybody know if this guy named Mike Low
from Call Cheap Networks Inc. (callcheap.com) contacts you, please be
careful. If you decide to do business with him, please get your money in
advance and don't believe him on saying that he'd pay once the work is done
or next week or tomorrow. He came to me from another company, with whom he
hosted a callback service. He blamed them of bad service and asked me to
setup a call back service for him. He seemed to be a genuine and honest
person with very good plans for his business. He asked me for a good
provider and I recommended him one. But when it came to pay for the service,
he started to ask for more time. He did the same with the carrier. And after
about month and a half, not paying to any one of us and using, or should I
say misuing our trunks and services for his users and users of another
company, he refused to pay us at all and blamed us for bad service, damage
to his business and other non-sense. Once the carrier disconnect him after
suffering a huge loss, and me refusing to do any further work for him unless
my invoices are cleared, he threatening me to bring to court for
disconnecting him, and is now looking for another company to host his
callback service. During this month and a half, I also noticed that
callcheap.com's website has changed its face and host three times. I have
screen shots for last two for my record.

If anybody of you have worked with this guy before, maybe they could share
their experience here. And those who haven't, and if this guy contacts you,
please be careful.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria