[asterisk-users] How to enable inbound CLI for X-Lite/Asterisk phone.

Phil Reynolds phil-asterisk at tinsleyviaduct.com
Fri Oct 10 05:09:30 CDT 2008

Quoting "Syed Nasruddin" <nasruddin at ncel.com.pk>:

> I am using asterisk 1.4.18. I am using it for inbound only call center.
> The SIP phones are X-Lite. Right now when a call is proxied by Asterisk
> to X-Lite the agent only sees asterisk written on its CLI screen. I want
> the agents to be able to view the callees number. Is there any way to
> make this happen.

CLI showing as "asterisk" can indicate absent or withheld number. If
asterisk has it, it should pass it on to X-Lite without any special
settings.

Check to see if asterisk has CLI for the call by putting it in a NoOp in
the dialplan - NoOp(${CALLERID(all)}) would do. Watch asterisk with
verbose set to at least 3.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-asterisk at tinsleyviaduct.com
Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95