[asterisk-users] DAHDI aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh :((((

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Oct 10 00:19:09 CDT 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008 09:57:30 pm Steve Totaro wrote:
> Now I have not touched any of that code, but to me, it would have been much
> simpler to change names, then change functionality later.  Make DAHDI a
> drop in replacement for Zaptel, in fact, if memory serves me correctly that
> is what someone at Digium explained, it was merely a find and replace
> operation.

i agree with the idea that a drop in should have been created, and
functionality built from there. i'm not sure i feel as strongly as the OP
suggested in the subject subject line he created.

for those users of 1.6, you're now in a corner: go any higher than 1.6 beta 9
and you need dahdi. no overlap with zaptel was created here. perhaps zaptel
could have been kept in until 1.6.1, giving the 0.0.1 overldap :)

i've been trying to follow the devel of dahdi closely, even to the point of
building kernel modules for fedora that *should* work with jeffrey ollie's
tools packages, just approved by the package reviewers.

still, there are some concerning things that have been lingering, namely for
me: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13443

well, anyway, just my two cents.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E