[asterisk-users] cisco phones getting SIP 401 unauthorized - solved

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Oct 9 10:32:37 CDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:

>> Did you check sip.conf to make sure that the port is correctly set to
>> 5060?
>>
>> Please show the output of Cli> sip show peer <peernumber> and the
>> contents of your SEP<MAC>.cnf file.
>>
>> Dave

This all ended up being CRAZY network stuff.

my server has 2 network cards in it. I thought I was the GW but in
reality the customer change the setup
to point to GW device. so calls wer going OUT of the local network, then
back in to the server.

I then made MAC address exceptions for the phones to use my server with
two network cards as the GW for
the phones everything starting working again.

I had been setting the nat yes or enabled or whatever... I was getting
limited success. But based on what the customer
has with the network I was surprised. Limited success I mean I had half
channel audios...

Thanks for hte help...

Jerry