[asterisk-users] Record name for conference...

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Thu Oct 9 09:40:18 CDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 11:41 PM, Carlos Chavez wrote:

>    I have a customer that wants to use meetme but they want to have
> the users
> record their name so it is played to the other people on the
> conference. Is
> there an easy way to do this?
>
> --
> Carlos Chavez
> Director de Tecnología
> Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de México S.A. de C.V.
> Tel: +52-55-91169161 Ext 2001

Yes. Very easy way... in meetme, add the option "I" or "i".

I - records name and announces it on join and leave.
i - records name, announces it on join and leave, and allows person to
review their recording

There's a lot of great options with meetme such as usercount, admin
mode, etc.

Good write up here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe

Fred Posner