[asterisk-users] Interpreting Asterisk Logs

Darren Murphy darren.murphy at docomointertouch.com
Wed Oct 8 23:51:15 CDT 2008

Hi,

Can anybody point me to an online resource that will assist with
interpreting Asterisk log files?

I note that a similar question was asked in this forum some time ago
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-June/189793.html),
which doesn't appear to have received any responses.
On that occasion, the OP was seeking a log parser - I'm looking for
more of a general reference guide.

I'm quite new to Asterisk, and VOIP in general, and I'm struggling to
understand what many of logged messages mean.
The current approach I am taking is to google for specific messages
(or parts thereof) - and this has been somewhat fruitful, if not quite
tedious.

It would be nice to have a reference guide that lists the most common
log messages, and what they mean.

Does such a guide exist?

thanks,
Darren
--
DOCOMO interTouch provides a full suite of integrated solutions to the
hospitality industry. With over 1000 employees operating in 63 countries,