[asterisk-users] PoE switch recommendations?

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Mon Oct 6 19:16:27 CDT 2008

> I've used the smaller ones, I think 8pt with 4pt PoE stuck in drop
> ceilings and such to power ORiNOCO APs and never had an issue.

That's a good data point.  We too have an FS108p (like yours) and it has
been reliable so far.  For us it's only been the FS116p's that have
failed.  It seems possible that the 16 port version has one or more
components that are just 'overdriven' variants of the 8 port version and
is therfore being overworked, perhaps leading to failure.  It seems
especially probable being a fanless design.

-Karl