[asterisk-users] PoE switch recommendations?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Mon Oct 6 10:19:26 CDT 2008

We've used Linksys SRW224P units at quite a few places without issue. For a little lower cost, we've also used Netgear FS726 series switches.

Personally, I prefer the Linksys ones - they have a serial port for administration rather than relying on you doing it over the LAN (though they have a pretty web interface, too). The pretty web interface is less fussy than the Netgear one (which seems unreliable in non-Internet Exploder browsers).

On the other hand, the Netgear is substantially less deep (an issue in some wallmount cabinets) and definitely a lot quieter.

Regards,

Chris