[asterisk-users] no per mailbox imapfolder override? wow.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Oct 5 19:03:00 CDT 2008

I'm looking at the app_voicemail.c from both 1.4 and 1.6.1 and seeing
that neither allows an individual mailbox to override the imapfolder
value.  It seems entirely intuitive to me that one might want to do
that, not to mention how trivial it looks to add that to
app_voicemail.c.

Maybe my use-case is wrong though.  Generally, each per-user voicemail
box should be a folder in the same user's IMAP account, and using the
same mailbox name for that is no big deal.

But I also want a "general" mailbox for people to leave messages when
they don't know or have a particular person in mind.  But in terms of
IMAP, that folder should be in a Shared Folders hierarchy so that
multiple users are able to tend to it.  That requires that I be able to
specify a particular folder in the IMAP server.

Thots?

b.