[asterisk-users] OT: text/plain (was: Re: Re: sip clients for smart phones?)

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Oct 5 11:22:37 CDT 2008

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) schrieb:

> Having been a user of email and a staunch advocate of text-only messages,
> minimal signature lines, proper trimming and bottom posting for well over 15
> years, I have to say that I've never felt "punched in the face" nor
> experienced any kind of culture clash.
>
> I think that perhaps you're too sensitive to these things.

Guilty. :-)

> And while I don't like webmail or Hotmail either, my MUA seems to read his
> email just fine; perhaps you should upgrade to a better client yourself?  :-)

Thunderbird could probably render his text/html part just fine but
I don't want it to. (Nothing is wrong with preferring text/plain in
the MUA.)
Thus it renders his text/plain part which lacks line breaks.
I posted some links to the list archive to demonstrate that the
problem has nothing to do with my MUA.

---cut---
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-October/219538.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-October/219541.html
---cut---

That quoted text is not very eye-friendly.

My intention was to give him a hint as of why many people (although
maybe not a majority) are not able to read his emails, and to make
the archives more useful. That's all. Maybe I should have made that
clear. No offense intended, just a normal technical (off-topic)
discussion.  :-)

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com