[asterisk-users] Asterisk Load Balancing

Darren Sessions dmsessions at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 23:25:01 CDT 2008

One other thing you could try would be to use OpenSIPS and use a
standard config that routes to a hostname (with a creative failure
route setup). You'd then setup the hostname in DNS as multiple SRV
records reflecting your pool of Asterisk servers (set your TTL very
low for these records). You could have something like sipsak send test
messages every 30 seconds or so to each of the Asterisk servers. If
one quits responding, then the monitoring app updates your DNS servers
removing the effected Asterisk server from the DNS pool and
effectively from the usable gateway pool.

I actually wrote one of these ages ago that worked fairly well with
a10 calls per second SER server. How many calls per second are you
looking to process?

- D

Darren Sessions
dmsessions at gmail.com