[asterisk-users] Asterisk Load Balancing

John D mnemonic81 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 22:59:29 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I've googled around for concrete solutions on load balancing Asterisk, and
it appears there are several ways to skin this cat -- but not one solution
which is all appealing. I have the following requirements, which aren't
anything extraordinary:

* I need to handle roughly 300 simultaneous phone calls to start
* Eventually scale to 1000 simultaneous phone calls
* I want to be able to pull out an entire server from the cluster without
affecting my application
* I'm doing all my trunking over SIP

So far I've seen folks mention the use of DUNDi and OpenSER(Now OpenSIPS),
but unfortunately the documentation out there is rather sparse and lacks
detail for someone who isn't extremely keen with the intricate details of
Asterisk or OpenSIPS.

Would anyone be able to suggest a good starting point in as far as reading
documentation and testing out some solutions? I'd also be up for hiring a
consultant to help me get started -- but I believe the proper forum for that
is asterisk-biz. (Which I've already posted to).

Thank you for your insight on load balancing Asterisk.