[asterisk-users] RTP sent before the INVITE ACK (for voicemail app)

tic tac hotsblanc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 08:38:13 CDT 2008

Hello,

With asterisk 1.4.11, I am calling AGI "exec voicemail" upon a SIP INVITE

invite -> asterisk
<- 100
<- 200
<- RTP
ACK ->

asterisk is sending the RTP for the greeting before the original invite is ACK-ed (confirmed with a tcpdump) as if playing the prompt as soon as it is received from the AGI. I don't see any 183 so I don't think early media should apply.

CLI output does not show any error that I see. Is there any reason other than a SIP 183 that would trigger this and isn't asterisk supposed to ACK/answer the channel before playing any prompt?

Thanks,

Sebastien.