[asterisk-users] GSM / 3g channel bank

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Oct 1 07:51:54 CDT 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> Portech has an excellent line of SIP-CDMA/GSM gateway products.  We use
> their MV-378 for GSM and MV-372 for CDMA.  We also have deployed them to
> quite a number of our customers with no issues.

I've also used a Portech unit in the UK. (a 2-port GSM one)

It's not perfect, but seems to work OK for outgoing calls which are
"LCR'd" to the unit. (Easy in the UK as all mobile phone numbers start
_07Z.)

ISTR having to set some weird flags inside it to return CHANUNAVAIL rather
then busy when both ports were in-use, so I could then try the default
outbound channel when both ports were in-use.

Gordon