[asterisk-users] Priority between calls from different queues

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Nov 28 08:31:02 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Darrin Henshaw <DHenshaw at ignition.bm> wrote:
> One thing you also will run into is listed here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+queues.conf.
>

> Here is the interesting part:
>

> Note that calls are not offered to queue members whilst the announcement is
> playing and it is possible for callers to slip ahead in the queue as a
> result. For example, call 1 arrives and is queued. Call 2 arrives ten
> seconds later and is queued. After twenty seconds, call 1 is played the
> periodic announce message. Exactly one second after call 1 starts hearing
> the message an agent becomes free. Since call 1 is tied up with
> announcements, call 2 is successfully offered to the agent. Call 1 remains
> on hold and yet a call which arrived later has been serviced.
>

> Basically you can see that if you have announcements played, that could
> cause your order of answered calls to be not what you expect.

With queues there are much more such situation than just this one ;)

> Cheers,
>

> Darrin Henshaw | IT Administrator | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCSE 2003 | LPIC
>
> Ignition Support Center | www.ignition.bm
>
> Bermuda (441) 496-4319 | Cayman (345) 947-4357 | Halifax (902) 482-1288
> Atlanta | Bermuda | Cayman | Halifax

For in-between queues you can use weight. So, if queue1 has more
weight than queue2, and agent1 is available (and is in both queues),
he will receive call from queue1 (no matter how long other caller
waits in queue2).

Also, there's wrapuptime. It means - how many seconds agent should not
receive call after completing previous queue call. So, if agent
receives call from queue1 and it has wrapuptime 10 seconds, then he
ends call, he might immediately receive call from queue2 - no matter
that queue2 has lower weight or whatever settings. To overcome this,
you have to enable shared_lastcall (available since 1.6.0).

Regards,
Atis