[asterisk-users] Priority between calls from different queues

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Nov 28 07:34:48 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 1:13 PM, equis software <equissoftware at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I want to know the way that calls are answer in this case...
> I have queue1 and queue2, one agent that receive call from both queues.
>
> queue1 <- call1
> queue1 <- call2
> queue2 <- call3
> queue2 <- call4
>
> In my test the agent answer calls in this order: call1,call3,call2 and
> call4.
> I think this must be in this order call1,call2, call3, call4 like a big
> FIFO.
>
> Its ok this behavior?
> Could I set priority between queues?

Hello,

Queue has lot of different settings, like wrapuptime, strategy, etc.
Also two queues usually don't know about each other, with few
exceptions. One of them is shared_lastcall (introduced in Asterisk
1.6.0). There's also weight - it will help to give priority to
specific queue if multiple calls are ready to go to agent in different
queues. Also, you can give priority to different callers within queue
by setting QUEUE_PRIO variable before sending call to queue.

You could try to describe why you need two queues and what should be
rules to distribute calls - so we can help you with overall
architecture.

Regards,
Atis

--