[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 mysql cdr log problem

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Nov 24 18:19:44 CST 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008 11:38:09 am Atis Lezdins wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Artifex Maximus <artifexor at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I've installed a new Asterisk 1.6.0.1 with addons and dahdi drivers
> > and tools but my calls aren't logged. I'd enabled mysql log and
> > noticed that asterisk send a 'DESC cdr' so connection is working
> > between asterisk and mysql and I am able to call other phones so
> > Asterisk is working as well. No error messages on startup though.
> >
> > Any idea why is it happen? As I realized there is some differences
> > between 1.2 (my previous system) and 1.6 log system.

I suspect that you have some unique index on the table which is
conflicting with the inserted fields.  Once you figure out which field is
causing the conflict, it should be easier to figure out where the problem
actually lies.

> You should also check Asterisk log for warnings. 1.6 should detect
> table structure and warn about missing fields. If it's so, perhaps you
> can change asterisk -> mysql (res_cdr_addon_mysql if i remember
> correctly) to do an "alter" on your table - then it will automagically
> create missing fields.

You remember incorrectly.  None of the CDR drivers currently have the
capability to alter tables.  What they will do is to adapt to the table
structure and insert only the required fields.  Only realtime table drivers
have the capability of altering tables and then, only if you turn that
behavior on.  By default, Asterisk does not alter table structures.

--
Tilghman