[asterisk-users] Need Recording Solution in Asterisk
dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Sat Nov 22 12:51:27 CST 2008
> One of our client Bank has 900 employees working in different locations.
> They need to record all internal and external calls. Can any body suggest
Call Recording Solution for this
> requirement. We need to know the Hardware / Bandwidth and all
requirements and costing.
Few questions first ....
1. Why are they being recorded (business need)?
2. Does the value of the recording remain constant over time or diminish?
3. What criteria will you be required to retrieve the recording with?
4. Do you expect users to retrieve their own recordings or make requests of
a records management operations staff?
5. Does everything need to be on-line or near-line/off-line and do you
require a data management and migration solution?
6. Do you need to do word spotting and trend analysis on the content of
these recordings (target marketing and customer service analysis typically)?
Recording the call is quite easy. Storing it for retrieval which is
acceptable to the business under their potentially diverse requirements is
the tough part to nail down.
There are commercial products like Witness out there which do a good job of
this at a premium price. If the business drivers have low impact, you could
simply record in asterisk and archive the files with some creative scripting
and database work.
You said this is a bank so I'm presuming they will have a formal risk
analysis methods in place which would guide you through qualifying the
requirements. Check out what the IT/CIO folks have to help you out in this
More information about the asterisk-users