[asterisk-users] Setting up to reveive faxes.

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 08:14:33 CST 2008

Hi Ken -

> Hey, all.  When I last was heavily into Asterisk (1.0.x), setting up to
> receive faxes was, well, a PITA, what with having to patch the Asterisk
> install with various driver patches and this, that, and the other.
>
> Is that still true?  Is there a fax HOWTO out there that reflects Asterisk
> 1.4.x?

Not sure if you mean IP faxing or TDM faxing, but I don't think you'll
need to do any patching.  In general check out:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+fax

For IP faxes, check out the wiki here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+T.38

AFAIK: 1.4.x can't terminate IP faxes - only pass through, while 1.6.x
can pass through and terminate with the help of spandsp.

- Noah