[asterisk-users] MozIAX - Mozilla IAX2 soft-phone 3sec delay

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:12:13 CST 2008

Did anybody tried MozIAX extension? It is Mozilla IAX2 soft-phone.
http://moziax.mozdev.org/

I tried it yesterday on eee pc, connected to asterisk on local LAN and the performance is terrible!
The delay is about 2sec or 3sec. and very bad echo.
I think it is the implementation of their IAX2 in their add on, as I have tried external mic. and the same delay problem.

As a comparison I've tried DIAX over dial-up connection and the voice quality was acceptable with very little delay.

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7