[asterisk-users] Large Asterisk installarions (~10, 000 extensions), preferably at universities

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:22:43 CST 2008

> > I know that in the past there have been people on this list who have

> done very large scale asterisk deployments.  Not sure if any of them
> > are still around to comment.
> >
> > With that many extensions, I'll second using a SIP registrar like
> > Freeswitch or OpenSer.  Just use asterisk to provide the services.

OK, but I still did not get a reply to my original question: Why using SIP
registrar in front of Asterisk and not simply use bare Astersik? can't it
handle the load? (remember - in my case it doesn't handle the RTP, only
signalling). Can't it handle so much registrations? (I am using realtime DB,
it is has any relevance).

                       Thanks! __Yehavi: