[asterisk-users] Large Asterisk installarions (~10, 000 extensions), preferably at universities

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 05:18:13 CST 2008

Thanks to everyone who replies so far!

We have Nortel PBX'es with a support contract from one of the local VARs
(Nortel does not give direct support here). In the last two weeks we had one
of our exchanges down for three half days; one was after a failure, and the
other two were when the technician came to fix remainders of the original
problem and just did a "5 seconds restart which won't even cut calls". Yeh,
the "5 seconds" took 6-7 hours... BTW, they still do not know what was the
original problem.

So, why won't we save the big bucks we pay them, hire two professionals (who
cost less) and support an open source code by ourselves? This way we depend
on ourselves only.

                         Thanks, __Yehavi: