[asterisk-users] Large Asterisk installarions (~10, 000 extensions), preferably at universities

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy megahohol at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 03:42:49 CST 2008

2008/11/21 Yehavi Bourvine <yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
>   Our university has to upgrade soon its old Nortel PBX's which holds
> around 10,000 extensions tied to 5 PBXes. Up to now we thought about
> commercial solutions but now there is a window openning for open source
> solution. However, I need examples to convince that this solution is
> feasible, and preferably at other universities.
>
> Are there any pointers for such installations?
>
>                    Thanks! __Yehavi:

Hello very interesting project you have, however asterisk is not a registry
server, i suggest that you use opensips/opense/kamalio for your registrar,
from where you dispatch to you asterisk servers, inside a good environment
with a controlled network and nice tagged voip flow you could acheve a good
results.