[asterisk-users] Limit the number of users in a meetme conference?

Singer X.J. Wang wang at pythian.com
Thu Nov 20 16:35:37 CST 2008

Be careful there, the size of a int is not statically defined in c.  The
rules in the standard that applies to an int is as follows:

An |int| must not be larger than a |long int|
A |long int| must be at least 32 bits long int
An |int| must be at least 16 bits long.

So an int is at least 16 bits (thus max value of 2^15-1) but there is no
upper limit. I've found that in most modern systems and compilers; I've
done a fair bit of programming
and in most modern systems, ints are 32 bits (max value of 2^31-1)

Danny Nicholas wrote:
> In my meetme.c, users is defined as an int on line 328.  This gives a
> possibility of 35768 people in a conference.  If you cbanged that to a
> signed char, you would limit it to 127.

*Singer Wang*
/System and Database Engineer/
The Pythian Group