[asterisk-users] P2P

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 05:44:08 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM, ml at bortal.de <ml at bortal.de> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> i would like to set up the following concept:
>
> Scenario 1:
> =============
> VOIP-Phone  <-----tcp/udp-----> VOIP-Phone
> (direct P2P between two phones. Those phones have be he "hard" phones.
> No Software such as KPhone or something)
>

> Scenario 2:
> =============
> VOIP-Phone  <-----tcp/udp-----> Asterisk  <-----tcp/udp-----> VOIP-Phone
> (Those phones also have be he "hard" phones.)

Are the VoIP phone "mobile" on the internet or in fixed locations?
If they are in fixed locations and they have to go through internet to reach
the asterisk box, the way *i* would do it is with VPN tunnels. If they
are in the same
location (LAN) it is very simple, you just need the phones and an asterisk
box with a network card as you said. You configure the phones to register with
the asterisk and configure the dialplan and you are good to go.

a great day,