[asterisk-users] Fwd: Polycom phone time behind one hour.

Doug Smith doug.smith at alchemysystems.com
Tue Nov 18 16:46:19 CST 2008

Tried to submit this email this morning and didn't see it in the list. I apologize if it is a dupe.

I've inherited a customized Asterisk installation. After the past time change all clocks in my office are behind by one hour. After some digging it appears we have:

A /tftproot/sip.conf that is being pushed out to our phones.

I found the following line that seems to be what controls timezone information and DST. I put in carriage returns to make it easier to read as it is all one line. Can anyone see anything obvious (I have missed after reviewing many times) with this config that would cause my phones to be behind an hour? I tried changing overrideDHCP="0" to a "1" with no luck.

<SNTP
tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="3600"
tcpIpApp.sntp.address="207.207.*.*" (Address replaced with asterisk to protect our server IP)
tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="0"
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset=""
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="0"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="9"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="4"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"/>

Any help at resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Many of our office workers are annoyed that their times are behind an hour now.

Thanks,

Doug Smith
Alchemy Systems