[asterisk-users] Digium Card Noice issue

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Nov 17 15:23:16 CST 2008

Bipin <itzbipin at gmail.com> writes:

> As in my case i am making a single call the 1 st case wont occur here.Also
> i tested it with one smoothly working E1 to the same card and still the
> problem came.so I guess the problem is with IRQ.

cat /proc/interrupts will tell you for sure whether the IRQ is shared.

That said, we are running 2 servers with 4xPRI Digium cards on IRQ's
shared with ethernet cards, and the problems almost went away about a
year ago with a Zaptel (now DAHDI) upgrade. We still lose networking
on one of the servers about once every three months due to IRQ
problems, but that is with the oldest PRI card. If our PRI's weren't
going away (turning into SIP) I'd probably replace the card with
something newer. Possibly Sangoma, but I'm confident that current
Digium cards are fine too.

All in all, I don't think your problems are IRQ-related. I'd suspect
power saving actually; try making the CPU run at a fixed frequency. If
that helps, a recent-ish kernel is likely to handle variable CPU
frequencies better.

/Benny