[asterisk-users] Digium Card Noice issue

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Nov 17 13:14:41 CST 2008

Bipin wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am facing as serious problem when running asterisk in HP server.We are
> developing application to make the outbound calls in PRI lines .We
> normally uses IBM machine as our servers ,and it was working fine for
> all installation.For the cost reduction we this time tried with HP
> server. Model(HP proliant ml110).
>
> When we make the calls the there is a lots of disturbance in the sound
> even if we make a single calls the issue persist .I found in google that
> these issue normally comes by the load or by the line or by the IRQ .
>
> As in my case i am making a single call the 1 st case wont occur
> here.Also i tested it with one smoothly working E1 to the same card and
> still the problem came.so I guess the problem is with IRQ.
>
> But when i tried it with a normal PC with pendium 4 processor it was
> working fine.
> My question is whether the Digium card had any hardware compatibility
> issue with HP proliant ml110 server.Why the sound has issue in HP server
> when it working fine in a normal pC with pendium processor...??
>
> When i switched to Asterisk now it is very much ok. can any body explain
> why it have when using with ubuntu........???

I would definitely report your issue to Digium technical support so that
we can correct whatever issue this might be.  It might be something very
simple causing the problem (like X running or something like that) which
is making the system's interrupt latency increase to something at an
unreasonable level for Zaptel to operate properly.  In any case, it's
possible that it's a very quick problem to fix and that technical
support will be able to help you with.

Also, make sure before you try calling to verify that it's not an
OpenVox card.  I have had customers who thought they were sold a Digium
card, but were in fact sold an OpenVox card which did not perform as
well as would be expected from our cards, causing some grief and
confusion for them.  It can be confusing because they use the Digium
driver and look like a Digium card to the driver.

---
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.