[asterisk-users] iPhone SIP or IAX client (without proxy)?

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Sun Nov 16 17:22:18 CST 2008

On Nov 16, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Lincoln King-Cliby wrote:

> I checked the app store and haven’t found anything promising, but I
> figured I’d ask here.
>
> Does anyone know of a SIP or IAX client for a non-jailbroken iPhone
> that will communicate directly with a machine running Asterisk?

Lincoln,

Nothing is publicly available yet.  There's some incompatibilities
between some open source licenses and the Apple licensing, that has
delayed porting.

Siphon <http://code.google.com/p/siphon/> is what you are looking for,
but it is currently in beta.

The beta does work with Asterisk over a Cisco VPN from the iPhone.

--
Eric Chamberlain, Founder
RF.com - http://RF.com/