[asterisk-users] How long will Asterisk 1.4.x supported/maintained

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Nov 13 12:10:41 CST 2008

On Thursday 13 November 2008 08:16:42 Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Is there somewhere a statement from Digium how long they will support
> Asterisk 1.4?

There is no statement, because we haven't even discussed when the EOL for
1.4 will be reached.  Certainly that means it won't happen for at least the
next 60 days, but beyond that, I really don't know.  I think we will certainly
invite input from the community before we decide upon a firm date, however.
Keep in mind that Asterisk 1.2 is still receiving security updates as they
occur to the broader Asterisk spectrum, so even though it's not receiving
bugfixes, it is still somewhat supported, in that respect.

--
Tilghman