[asterisk-users] asterisk setup w/ voIP phones

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Nov 13 01:56:04 CST 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Mike wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have setup asterisk 1.4.22; so far everything good.
>
> Except, I am still searching for voIP phones.
>
> Which grandstream phone should I buy, this is going to be for small
> office for testing purposes.
>
> I am on a budget, hoping to find someone here who has some used to
> sell or point me in the direction of a seller.

If you're on a budget and you're going to buy Grandstream phones, then you
need the Budget phone - er, Budgephone 200 - BT200.

Small phone, numbers only display, single line phone, but handles
transfers & 3-way calling if required. Has a built-in 10/100 switch. (The
BT101&102 only has a 10Mb hub, but I think they've been end of lined now)

The web interface is easy to use too. I've deployed quite a few of these
on customer sites without any real issues so-far. (The display will look
funny if you send it alphanumeric caller ID though - as the phone
actually tries to represent characters on the 7-segment display!)

If your budget will afford it, look at the GXP1200s though - smallish
display, but it's alpha-numeric, so you get to see proper caller ID.

Gordon