[asterisk-users] Server for 25-30 phones, sip trunks over the net

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Nov 11 00:31:36 CST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, nb wrote:

> What cpu/memmory configurations have people had good luck with for a
> small office asterisk server... (polycom's/poe linksys)
>
> Dell's got their $200 SC440 going again until the 12th... and I'm
> thinking it might be just the ticket...

You want to google 'asterisk dimensoining' and search the archives here
and the voip-wiki.

But anything over 500MHz will work for you. I regullarly have that many
phones on my standard unit of 1GHz fanless VIA boards and the cpu doesn't
notice the load. (but make sure you're not transcoding)

The Dell will make a lot of noise and generate a lot of heat, but it'll be
more than adequate.

Hm. SC400 has a starting price of £422 in the UK today )-:

Gordon