[asterisk-users] Recommend Wireless IP Phone

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Nov 6 12:13:19 CST 2008

--Original Message Text---
From: Wilton Helm
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:34:35 -0700

Wi-Fi SIP phones aren't limited to hot spots.  I am in the process of
setting up asterisk for SOHO.  At present I'm not even using VoIP
trunking, only LAN to stns and I intend to use Wi-Fi instead of analog
cordless phone.  I got the Engenius one, and it works, but I haven't
played with it much.  I was disappointed that it only has a single line
appearance, as part of my reason for going SIP was to allow the same
features like say my 941.  I also got their 600 mw access point, but
haven't had time to try it.  My goal is to cover out 3 acre property
and the 1/2 mile road to the mailbox, including mountainous terrain.
Maybe I'll share more when I actually get it all put together.

Wilton

Please do report on your progress. I've tried a few Wifi SIP handset in
my home office and for now I've settled upon DECT as a better solution.
But new products emerge and Wifi handsets will eventually catch up.

Michael

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com