[asterisk-users] Recommend Wireless IP Phone

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Nov 6 08:21:20 CST 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:01:09 +0100, randulo wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Pedram M <pmessri at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any recommendations on good wireless SIP phones?
>
>I use a Siemens S675IP in our two person office. It performs very
>well, and has a built in answering machine which is of interest for us
>because we have several SIP accounts that are pay as you go, so no
>vmail. Also the S675IP (the 685 is the same plus bluetooth) is
>connected to our POTS line, another great advantage. All in all, I
>have it registered at 6 SIP providers.
>Battery life is fine, decent feature set, something to look into IMO.
>
>I hear there is soon to be a USA version.

I own both the snom m3 and a Siemens S685IP. Both are basically good
devices, but each has its little issues.

The S675/685IP supports G.722 which is great! But it has no mute
button, which is a drag. Also, its less expensive.

The snom m3 is smallish in the hand, or so my wife tells me. It's also
a little too easy to turn the handset off by accident. However firmware
development at snom is progressing nicely.

Aastra and Polycom have new SIP/DECT offerings targeting SMBs. Have not
had a chance to try these yet.

Michael

--
Michael Graves