[asterisk-users] HD Voice conference Friday Nov 7th @ 12 Noon EST

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:30:25 CST 2008

Hi,

This week's VoIP Users Conference will be tie the Talkshoe PSTN/SIP
ULAW conference bridge to the ZipDX.com G.722-capable bridge. It may
be a little crazy, but I'm looking forward to getting some
explanations from David Frankel about the effects of wide band (or as
Polycom calls it, "HD Voice") on conferencing.

David can probably answer any technical questions you may have about
WB audio and maybe share some of the tweaks they do to keep their
service working efficiently. I know for example that they have done a
lot of experimentation with jitter buffers and such to get the lag
down as low as possible.

As usual, the conference is open to all, your questions and shared
experiences are welcome. Recordings made from both bridges will be
made available and if possible, some samples of technical data of the
wideband end might be viewable. That would come from the ZipDX end,
not mine. I've invited Dave Nelsen, CEO of Talkshoe who has worked in
the telcom industry for years and if Dave has any time to help us get
info from their Talkshoe bridge, that would be interesting too.

I think this might be a fun, if slightly chaotic session so be there
live if you can. If you want to try to hook up your asterisk server as
a client on ZipDX, write me or mgraves and we'll get that info to you.

See you Friday!

9AM PST, 10 MST, 11 CST, 12 EST, 17:00 UTC 5PM UK/Portugal, 18h
Fr/Sp/It 19h Tel Aviv

Call info: http://bit.ly/voip
IRC: irc.freenode.net #voip-users-conference
PSTN: (724) 444-7444 DTMF 22622# 1#
http://food4wine.ning.com forums, blogs, conference agenda